DISCOVER DEEP JAPAN (DDJ) is a small social start-up on a big mission. We aim to build a more inclusive world. Many people, on the basis of factors outside of their control are excluded systemically, socially, culturally, religiously and economically. DDJ hopes to rid of these exclusionary practices through social media marketing, one post at a time. How? We partner with small Japanese towns and provide quality digital content. The content is multilingual, inclusive and encompasses the voices and experiences of a diverse team, made up of migrants and refugees supported by talented Japanese staff.
DDJ Fukuoka Office is located in Asakura city, Fukuoka prefecture. Its team members serve as Local Vitalization Cooperators （地域おこし協力隊） of Asakura city to promote inbound tourism through digital marketing, as well as, to improve the local environment for accepting inbound tourists by planning and implementing various community projects. Due to the conditions of the Local Vitalization Cooperator scheme, we are looking for a foreign resident in Japan who currently lives in urban areas and can move to Asakura city upon employment.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Discover the various charms of Asakura city from a foreigner’s perspective, create online content (mainly photos and videos) in English by appearing in it yourself, and manage SNS posts.
- Engage in different community projects including local events and activities.
- Submit monthly reports.
- Write blogs for Asakura city’s website and PR magazine.
Skills and Experience:
- Fluent in English. (Especially in Speaking, Writing, Reading)
- Daily conversation level of Japanese. (Especially in Speaking and Reading)
- Excellent communication skills to build good relationships with the team members, the clients, and the local people.
- Japanese driver’s license is an asset.
Type of Contract: Fixed term (1 year: 01 April 2022 – 31 March 2023) with three months of probation period. There is a possibility of renewal depending on the company’s business performance.
Remuneration and benefits:
- 200,000 JPY for the first three months of probation period. Salary after the probation period will be defined based on your skills, experience, and performance.
- 20,000 JPY of housing allowance.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Health insurance, pension, and employment insurance.
- Annual leave according to the Japanese law.
- Flexible working hours: 4 days a week. (9h per day including 1h lunch break)
Please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Application – Inbound Tourism Promoter– Your Name”
- Letter of motivation in English. (If you write Japanese, please submit one in Japanese as well.)
- Resume in English. (If you can write Japanese, please submit one in Japanese as well.)
- Copy of your Residency Card (在留カード) and work permit.
- Review of submitted documents: Only selected candidates from the first screening will be contacted for an interview and written exams.
- Interview and exams (online): We will conduct an interview and exams via online web conference.
- Final interview (online or in Asakura): Final interview will be conducted either online or in Asakura.