About Discover Deep Japan:
We want to create a society where everyone can be proud of who they are and where they have come from, regardless of their past experiences. We envision a world where diverse individuals can come together with local communities to revitalize regional Japan.
As an Administrative Officer – Niigata Office:
You will play a critical role in strategic decision-making in a fast-paced start-up environment with a strong social mission.
You’ll also be a valued team player, working closely with a cross-cultural team with a strong social mission.
- Responsible for the maintenance and accuracy of bookkeeping across Discover Deep Japan’s operations.
- Ensures company accounting and legal processes are compliant with government requirements.
- Arrangement of contracts (e.g. telephone, car lease etc.) and travels (flights for staff members)
- Communicates regularly with internal stakeholders on business financial health.
- Contributes to the strategic allocation of resources by providing data insights.
- Responsible for updating accounting, legal, and employee data on relevant company software.
- Supports employee visa processes.
- Proposes ways to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of existing practices.
You can expect:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance with flexible hours and leave
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- An opportunity to deliver high-performing marketing activities
Remuneration and benefits:
- 3-4 days per week and flexible working.
- hourly rate would be 1,200 ~ 1,500 yen.
- Up to 2.1 years of paid parental leave.
- Up to 14 days of paid medical leave.
- Discover Deep Japan will provide a shared company car.
- Discover Deep Japan will provide you with a computer to be used for your work-related activities.
- You will be enrolled in health insurance, pension, and employment insurance schemes.
- Visa sponsorship.
- Japanese: Native
- English: Fluent
- At least 1 year of experience in handling areas related to bookkeeping, accounting or legal matters preferably within Japan.
- Online transactions for salary and other payments
- Preparing profit and loss statements(P/L) and cash flow statements (C/F) (monthly) *
- Preparing balance sheets (annual) *
- Tax filing (during April – May, annually) – Prepare required documents while coordinating with Tax Accountant
- Employee visas and contracts (ad-hoc)
- Employee payroll (monthly)*
- Invoicing clients (monthly)
- Leave calculation
- Tax calc for employees (Nenmatsu Chosei, annual)*
- Calculate withholding of income tax (Gensen Choshu, monthly) *
- Coordinate with Labor and Social Security Attorney(社労士), tax accountant, and lawyer.
- Confirming receipt of payments (monthly)
- Expenses & reimbursements (rolling)*
* these are done by softwares such as Accounting & HR freee
Location: Our office in Yuzawa, Niigata (remote negotiable with occasional business trips)
To apply: Send the following to email@example.com
- Letter of motivation in English
- Resume in English
- Application Period – Until 9 May 2021