Digital Marketer - Yuzawa
Discover Deep Japan is a social startup that revitalises rural communities in Japan through digital marketing while providing white-collar job opportunities for refugees/migrants. We envision a society where everyone can be proud of who they are regardless of their diverse backgrounds and circumstances. We provide digital marketing solutions to municipalities, destination marketing organisations, tourism associations, and local businesses.
What we look for – We’re looking for a talented Digital Marketer with strong language skills to join our team based in Yuzawa, Niigata. We are looking for someone who is passionate about social impact, with a high level of grit, a growth mindset, and problem-solving skills.
Key Purpose of the Role
As a Digital Marketer, you will help our clients with destination marketing targeting foreign tourists through digital marketing (web articles, organic social media posts, Facebook ads, etc.). You will also market locally-produced products to foreign countries.
- Support our team working in Yuzawa to develop strategies, programs, and policies to promote tourism.
- Develop community and regional networks to spread understanding of the benefits of tourism and support destination marketing programs.
- Conduct research on the needs of tourists and analyse research findings to inform destination development and marketing planning.
- Market and promote the Snow Country Tourism Zone to increase the number of visitors by effectively using digital marketing tools such as SNS, blogs, etc.
- Implement promotion plans by coordinating with travel agencies and media.
- Develop and deliver travel products (e.g. tours) for foreign visitors
- Execute plans to improve foreign tourists’ satisfaction by building the capacity (e.g. multilingual services) of the Snow Country Tourism Zone and local tourism businesses to cater for foreign visitors’ needs.
- Attend and support domestic and foreign agents visiting the Snow Country Tourism Zone.
- Conduct product research and draft product descriptions.
- Manage and update websites
- Optimise various types of ads
- Any other activities related to Discover Deep Japan’s work
What you can expect:
- A bilingual (Japanese-English) coordinator will be based in Yuzawa, who will assist you with housing, your children’s school/child care, Japanese classes, driving lessons, and other day-to-day life matters
- An opportunity to continuously improve your Japanese language skills (Discover Deep Japan has deals with local Japanese teachers)
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- An opportunity to deliver high-performing marketing activities
- An opportunity to actively drive change in a fast paced, thriving and growing, unique culture
- A place where you can relish in your passion and enthusiasm for regional revitalisation
- An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in English (other languages a plus).
- Japanese not required but an asset.
- Driver’s Licence (Japanese or International) preferred.
- Big ideas, big ambition, not-so-big ego.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- You are willing to move to Yuzawa
Working Conditions and Benefits
Employment Contract Period:
- Full-time contract
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Office location: Yuzawa, Niigata
Remuneration and benefits:
- Remuneration: 200,000 per month (based on your skills, experience, and performance).
- Accommodation: Company accommodation provided
- Discover Deep Japan will provide a car (shared)
- Discover Deep Japan will provide you with a laptop
- Bonus provided based on your performance
- Visa sponsorship.
- You will be enrolled into health insurance, pension, and employment insurance schemes.
- Flexible working days and holidays: 240 working days (20 days per month), 125 holidays which you can flexibly take (cf. in 2020 there are 104 Saturdays/Sundays +16 national holidays)
- Annual leave according to Japanese law: starting from 10 days per year after 6 months.
- Flexible working hours: you can choose any 160 hours per month you want to work (8 hours x 20 days)
Application Period – Until 9 August.
Documents to be submitted – please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Application – Digital Marketer Yuzawa– Your Name”
- Letter of motivation in English
- Resume in English
- Copy of your Residency Card (在留カード) and work permit
- Review of submitted documents: Selected candidates from the first screening will be contacted for an interview and written exams.
- Interview and written exams (online): we will conduct an interview and written exams via online web conference.
- Internship: we may invite you to undertake a short-term internship (in-person or remote).
- Final interview in Yuzawa: final interviews will be conducted in Yuzawa. The results of the final screening will be notified in writing. Transportation expenses from Tokyo station to Echigo Yuzawa station will be covered.