Digital Marketer - Yuzawa
Discover Deep Japan is a social startup with a mission to build a more inclusive world. Our multicultural team revitalises rural communities through destination development / marketing and product marketing in foreign languages, making communities and local culture (products) more accessible and inclusive for people with diverse backgrounds.
What we look for – We’re looking for a talented Digital Marketer with strong language skills to join our team based in Yuzawa, Niigata. We are looking for someone who is passionate about social impact, with a high level of grit, a growth mindset, and problem-solving skills.
Key Purpose of the Role
As a Digital Marketer, you will help our clients with destination marketing targeting foreign tourists through digital marketing (web articles, organic social media posts, Facebook ads, etc.). You will also market locally-produced products to foreign countries.
- Support our team working in Yuzawa to develop strategies, programs, and policies to promote tourism.
- Develop community and regional networks to spread understanding of the benefits of tourism and support destination marketing programs.
- Conduct research on the needs of tourists and analyse research findings to inform destination development and marketing planning.
- Market and promote the Snow Country Tourism Zone to increase the number of visitors by effectively using digital marketing tools such as SNS, blogs, etc.
- Implement promotion plans by coordinating with travel agencies and media.
- Develop and deliver travel products (e.g. tours) for foreign visitors
- Execute plans to improve foreign tourists’ satisfaction by building the capacity (e.g. multilingual services) of the Snow Country Tourism Zone and local tourism businesses to cater for foreign visitors’ needs.
- Attend and support domestic and foreign agents visiting the Snow Country Tourism Zone.
- Conduct product research and draft product descriptions.
- Manage and update websites
- Optimise various types of ads
- Any other activities related to Discover Deep Japan’s work
What you can expect:
- A bilingual (Japanese-English) coordinator will be based in Yuzawa, who will assist you with housing, your children’s school/child care, Japanese classes, driving lessons, and other day-to-day life matters
- An opportunity to continuously improve your Japanese language skills (Discover Deep Japan has deals with local Japanese teachers)
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- An opportunity to deliver high-performing marketing activities
- An opportunity to actively drive change in a fast paced, thriving and growing, unique culture
- A place where you can relish in your passion and enthusiasm for regional revitalisation
- An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in English (other languages a plus).
- Japanese not required but an asset.
- Driver’s Licence (Japanese or International) preferred.
- Big ideas, big ambition, not-so-big ego.
- Self-driven and motivated.
- You are willing to move to Yuzawa
Working Conditions and Benefits
Employment Contract Period:
- Full-time contract
- Probation Period: 3 months
- Office location: Yuzawa, Niigata
Remuneration and benefits:
- Remuneration: 200,000 per month (based on your skills, experience, and performance).
- Accommodation: Company accommodation provided
- Discover Deep Japan will provide a car (shared)
- Discover Deep Japan will provide you with a laptop
- Bonus provided based on your performance
- Visa sponsorship.
- You will be enrolled into health insurance, pension, and employment insurance schemes.
- Flexible working days and holidays: 240 working days (20 days per month), 125 holidays which you can flexibly take (cf. in 2020 there are 104 Saturdays/Sundays +16 national holidays)
- Annual leave according to Japanese law: starting from 10 days per year after 6 months.
- Flexible working hours: you can choose any 160 hours per month you want to work (8 hours x 20 days)
Application Period – Until 9 August.
Documents to be submitted – please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Application – Digital Marketer Yuzawa– Your Name”
- Letter of motivation in English
- Resume in English
- Copy of your Residency Card (在留カード) and work permit
- Review of submitted documents: Selected candidates from the first screening will be contacted for an interview and written exams.
- Interview and written exams (online): we will conduct an interview and written exams via online web conference.
- Internship: we may invite you to undertake a short-term internship (in-person or remote).
- Final interview in Yuzawa: final interviews will be conducted in Yuzawa. The results of the final screening will be notified in writing. Transportation expenses from Tokyo station to Echigo Yuzawa station will be covered.