Head of Digital Marketing/Sales
Head of Digital Marketing/Sales – Discover Deep Japan
As Head of Digital Marketing/Sales, you will play a key role in scaling the impact we have as a social business.
Discover Deep Japan is a social startup with a mission to build a more inclusive world. Our multicultural team revitalises rural communities through destination development / marketing and product marketing in foreign languages, making communities and local culture (products) more accessible and inclusive for people with diverse backgrounds.
Our existing clients are primarily governmental, with other opportunities gained from engaging the community in the Japanese countryside in which we are based.
You will be responsible for the digital marketing department of DDJ and developing sales strategies and seeking new business opportunities within and around the communities in which we are located (Niigata and Fukuoka), and throughout Japan.
You will work with a culturally diverse team, including skilled migrants and talented individuals with refugee status, to achieve and deliver business results.
- Defining and developing a strategy for the digital marketing department and sales.
- Manage the digital marketing department that includes two field offices in Asakura and Yuzawa – at least two office heads will report to you.
- Liaising with existing staff members, managers, supervisors, and clients in order to achieve set goals.
- Observing, analyzing, and offering suggestions on current operations.
- Scheduling meetings and training sessions with staff and other stakeholders.
- Assisting with recruitment, training, and onboarding processes.
- Establishing professional relationships with clients, staff, and other stakeholders.
- Maintaining relationships with clients and finding creative ways to expand the organization.
- Responsible for achieving financial targets for the department.
- Scale individual impact through internal training and collaboration.
- Communicating learnings and support needs regularly with the rest of the team.
The ideal candidate we are looking for possesses the following traits and experiences:
- Strong bilingual written and verbal communication skills (Japanese and English)
- Multicultural, having lived abroad as well as in Japan
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys client-facing roles
- Demonstrated adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Big-picture thinking and vision, ideal if you have had experience as an entrepreneur
- Passion for building a more inclusive world
- Japanese: Fluent
- English: Fluent
Location: Within Japan as we expect several face-to-face client meetings.
Location preferred within Kanto and Kyushu region as we have offices based in Yuzawa, Niigata and Asakura, Fukuoka.
You can expect:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance with flexible hours and leave
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
Remuneration and benefits:
- 3-7 million per year
- 32-hour work weeks and flexible working (173 days off + annual leave).
- Up to 2.1 years of paid parental leave.
- Up to 14 days of paid medical leave.
- You will be enrolled into health insurance, pension, and employment insurance schemes.
- Visa sponsorship.
To apply: Send the following to email@example.com
- Letter of motivation in English
- Resume in English (Please remove any ID photos)