Discover Deep Japan Co., Ltd. (Headquarters: Yuzawa, Niigata, Director: Yoon Sera), which operates the ethical beauty brand Takumi Beauty (https://takumibeauty.com), has been selected to join social start-up support program, “Nippon Foundation Social Change Makers BEYOND DISTANCE Cohort #3.”
The program is sponsored by ImpacTech (General Incorporated Association ImpacTech Japan, location: Shibuya-ku, Tokyo) and The Nippon Foundation (location: Minato-ku, Tokyo), which develop accelerator innovation programs predominantly in Asia and Israel. Participating teams will refine and develop their business practices during the four-month program beginning in September. All teams will showcase their results at the Presentation Day in December.
Comment from the Director, Sera Yoon
Being selected to participate in Social Change Makers is a huge achievement for our company. Despite the unforeseen circumstances of COVID-19, we look forward to growing as a company and collaborating with the other participating companies over the next four months. We are striving to create a new discourse where the existence of refugees and migrants are no longer considered a ‘foreign problem’ or that they are simply ‘welfare receivers’. Whenever possible, we are working to create opportunities for Japanese people to consider the refugee population as fellow collaborators in solving Japan’s social issues.
About Discover Deep Japan Co., Ltd.
Established in September 2019, DDJ (Discover Deep Japan Co., Ltd.) is a digital marketing agency working toward regional revitalization by utilizing the skills of refugees and immigrants. We aim to foster a society where everyone can take pride in their differences and make the most of them, no matter the circumstances. To achieve this goal, refugees and migrants are using digital marketing to develop overseas tourism interest while creating a new narrative about themselves as equal contributors to Japanese society.
Social issues to solve
- The situation of “professional refugees / immigrants” who have no choice but to do unskilled labor while having the ability to do much, much more
2.The population decline of Japanese rural areas
By connecting refugees and immigrants with the regions of Japan that are suffering from population decline, we have created a workplace where they can utilize their abilities while contributing to Japanese society. Many refugees and immigrants are fluent in multiple languages and have marketing experience. By developing a nuanced understanding of the differences between Japanese culture and it’s migrant populations, we can create effective products aimed at overseas markets. With these new products, created from a consumer’s point of view, we are able to develop new overseas markets and revitalize the economies of regional Japanese towns.
We currently have 19 clients made up of local companies and government offices.
About Takumi Beauty
Takumi Beauty is an ethical beauty brand that provides good quality skin care products. All products contain scientifically proven ingredients and meet global ethical product standards. Takumi Beauty aims to be eco-friendly, clean (free of ingredients that can be harmful to the body), and cruelty-free (no animals testing).
Multilingual SNS operation / article production
● Discover Deep Japan Facebook and Instagram accounts have generated more than 1000 posts
● General Incorporated Association Snow Country Tourism Area Facebook and Instagram accounts have generated more than than 600 posts
● Asakura Tourism Association Facebook and Instagram accounts have generated more than 100 posts
● 4 x promotional videos of Asakura Tourism Association products have been produced
Multilingual homepage production
● Direction and production of the English portal site of the Asakura Tourism Association
● Two foreign influencers have been invited to the Snow Country tourism area
● Snow Country Tourism Area Branding Book (Japanese-English)
● Undiscovered Japan Tariff Collection (Japanese-English)
● Inbound tourism seminar in Kashiwazaki City, Niigata was held
[Discover Deep Japan Co., Ltd. Company Profile]
Mission: A society where everyone can take pride in their differences and make the most of them, no matter
Company name: Discover Deep Japan Co., Ltd.
Location: 111-3 Tsuchidaru, Yuzawa-machi, Minamiuonuma-gun, Niigata Prefecture
Established: September 2019
Director: Yoon Sera
Corporate site: https://discover-deep.com
- Takumi Beauty https://takumibeauty.com
- multilingual SNS operation and article production services
- video production services
- advertising services
- translation services
- multilingual homepage production services
- influencer marketing services
- tour planning/ operation services
- consulting services
- seminar operation services
- cross-border EC launch / operation support services