Sales Specialist - Japan
Sales Specialist – Discover Deep Japan
As the first dedicated Sales Specialist of Discover Deep Japan, you will play a key role in scaling the impact we have as a social business.
Discover Deep Japan is a social startup with a mission to build a more inclusive world. Our multicultural team revitalises rural communities through destination development / marketing and product marketing in foreign languages, making communities and local culture (products) more accessible and inclusive for people with diverse backgrounds.
Our existing clients are primarily governmental, with other opportunities gained from engaging the community in the Japanese countryside in which we are based.
Up until the pandemic, we focused primarily on destination-marketing services. We are looking for a creative and entrepreneurial salesperson to future-proof and scale our current business model.
You will be responsible for hitting sales targets, developing sales strategies and seeking new business opportunities within and around the communities in which we are located (Niigata and Fukuoka), and throughout Japan.
You will work with a culturally diverse team, including skilled migrants and talented individuals with refugee status, to achieve and deliver business results.
- Defining and developing a scalable sales strategy.
- Responsible for achieving financial targets.
- Scale individual impact through internal training and collaboration.
- Communicating learnings and support needs regularly with the rest of the team.
- Successfully closing new business deals with the annual value of 20 million JPY is expected within the first 2 months of probation.
- Maintain a deep understanding of customer needs and monitor their preferences.
- Constantly seek feedback from clients on how we can improve our services.
- Create pricing plans.
- Write and present business proposals for clients.
- Draft business contracts.
- Provide advanced negotiation expertise.
- Project and forecast annual and quarterly revenue.
- Develop sales strategies to acquire new customers.
- Track sales metrics and share them with company leadership.
- Collaborate with team to develop lead generation plans.
- Work with each office’s relationship manager to explore value-adding opportunities with existing clients.
- Prepare budgets and track expenditures related to sales activity.
The ideal candidate we are looking for possesses the following traits and experiences:
- Strong bilingual written and verbal communication skills (Japanese and English)
- Multicultural, having lived abroad as well as in Japan
- Proven track record in sales of annual value 100 million JPY and above
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enjoys client-facing roles
- Demonstrated adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Big-picture thinking and vision, ideal if you have had experience as an entrepreneur
- Passion for building a more inclusive world
- Japanese: Fluent – you will be managing client relationships and contractual documents in Japanese only
- English: Fluent – you will be working with and managing a multicultural team with English as the primary communication language
Location: Within Japan as we expect several face-to-face client meetings.
Location preferred within Kanto and Kyushu region as we have offices based in Yuzawa, Niigata and Asakura, Fukuoka.
You can expect:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance with flexible hours and leave
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
Remuneration and benefits:
- A base salary with % commission on profits from delivered contracts
- 32-hour work weeks and flexible working (173 days off + annual leave).
- Up to 2.1 years of paid parental leave.
- Up to 14 days of paid medical leave.
- Housing allowance of 10,000 JPY monthly is provided if relocating.
- Discover Deep Japan will provide a shared company car.
- Discover Deep Japan will provide you with a computer to be used for your work-related activities.
- You will be enrolled into health insurance, pension, and employment insurance schemes.
- Visa sponsorship.
To apply: Send the following to email@example.com
- Letter of motivation in English
- Resume in English (Please remove any ID photos)