Video Content Creator
Discover Deep Japan is a social startup that revitalises rural communities in Japan through digital marketing while providing white-collar job opportunities for refugees/migrants. We envision a society where everyone can be proud of who they are regardless of their diverse backgrounds and circumstances. We provide digital marketing solutions to municipalities, destination marketing organisations, tourism associations, and local businesses.
What we look for – We’re looking for a talented and creative video content creator to join our team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about social impact, with a high level of grit, a growth mindset, and problem-solving skills.
Key Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for every aspect of video content production from the idea phase to the execution.
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for destination marketing videos, product marketing videos, customer stories, company videos, recruiting videos, corporate training and other projects
- Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects
- Work independently, as well as part of a team, to establish project deliverables
- Collaborate closely with internal clients and stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations
- Develop production schedules
- Select and hire additional crew and talent; train and coach crew (as of now, 9 full-time employees will be trained by you and then will assist you with video production) ; make transportation arrangements for crew, talent and equipment; and ensure all location power needs are met
- Reserve and rent equipment
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Manage video library
- Evaluate analytics
- Any other activities related to Discover Deep Japan’s work
What you can expect:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- An opportunity to actively drive change in a fast paced, thriving and growing, unique culture
- A place where you can relish in your passion and enthusiasm for content creation
- An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
Skills and Experience:
- Able to communicate in English (other languages a plus).
- Japanese language not required (but an asset)
- Real world videography and production experience.
- Knowledge of the video production process: directing, filming, interviewing, boarding, editing, encoding, uploading, and managing media.
- Production skills: photography and videography, camera operation, sound, lighting, and quality sound capture.
- Proficient in video editing softwares.
- Strong understanding of post-production workflow
- Good knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, and their proper handling in a post workflow
- Must be extremely organized and able to successfully reach multiple deadlines at once
- The ability to communicate needs in a positive and productive fashion
- Proven range of both pre-production and post-production skills.
- Big ideas, big ambition, not-so-big ego.
- Self-driven and motivated.
Working Conditions and Benefits
- Full-time permanent contract
- Probation period: 1 month
- Office location: fully remote (with occasional trips to various locations within Japan). If you prefer, you can use our offices in Tokyo Metropolitan Area, Niigata, and Fukuoka.
Remuneration and benefits:
- First-year remuneration: 3 – 6.5 million Japanese yen per year (based on your skills and experience)
- Bonus provided based on your performance
- Visa sponsorship.
- You will be enrolled into health insurance, pension, and employment insurance schemes.
- Flexible working days and holidays: 240 working days (20 days per month), 125 holidays which you can flexibly take (cf. in 2020 there are 104 Saturdays/Sundays +16 national holidays)
- Annual leave according to Japanese law: starting from 10 days per year after 6 months.
- Flexible working hours: you can choose any 160 hours per month you want to work (8 hours x 20 days)
Application and Selection Process
Application Period – Until 9 August 2020
Documents to be submitted – please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Application – Video Content Creator – Your Name”
- CV in English
- Copy of your Residency Card (在留カード) and work permit (if you have one)
- Review of submitted documents: Selected candidates from the first screening will be contacted for an interview and practical exams. The results of the first screening will be notified via email.
- Interview and practical exams: we will conduct an interview and practical exams via Zoom. The results of the second screening will be notified via email.
- Final interview: either in person or via Zoom with a panel of interviewers. The results of the final screening will be notified via email.
- Project-based contract: Work on a small project together (paid)
- Permanent contract: Finally, a successful candidate will sign a permanent contract