Video Content Creator - Closed
Discover Deep Japan is a social startup with a mission to build a more inclusive world. Our multicultural team revitalises rural communities through destination development / marketing and product marketing in foreign languages, making communities and local culture (products) more accessible and inclusive for people with diverse backgrounds.
What we look for – We’re looking for a talented and creative video content creator to join our team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about social impact, with a high level of grit, a growth mindset, and problem-solving skills.
Key Purpose of the Role
You will be responsible for every aspect of video content production from the idea phase to the execution.
- Create and develop multimedia (audio/video) content for destination marketing videos, product marketing videos, customer stories, company videos, recruiting videos, corporate training and other projects
- Script, storyboard, budget, allocate resources, set deadlines and select optimal forms of media for projects
- Work independently, as well as part of a team, to establish project deliverables
- Collaborate closely with internal clients and stakeholders to help facilitate the creation of multimedia content
- Plan video shoots; scout, select and reserve shoot locations
- Develop production schedules
- Select and hire additional crew and talent; train and coach crew (as of now, 9 full-time employees will be trained by you and then will assist you with video production) ; make transportation arrangements for crew, talent and equipment; and ensure all location power needs are met
- Reserve and rent equipment
- Record and edit video and sound projects, including selecting program format for final output, capturing/importing media, organizing raw media, editing footage and sound files, creating and inserting static and motion graphics, titling, adding music/voice-over/sfx, media management and archiving project media
- Manage video library
- Evaluate analytics
- Any other activities related to Discover Deep Japan’s work
What you can expect:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
- An opportunity to actively drive change in a fast paced, thriving and growing, unique culture
- A place where you can relish in your passion and enthusiasm for content creation
- An environment of continuous improvement where you optimise for impact and velocity
Skills and Experience:
- Able to communicate in English (other languages a plus).
- Japanese language not required (but an asset)
- Real world videography and production experience.
- Knowledge of the video production process: directing, filming, interviewing, boarding, editing, encoding, uploading, and managing media.
- Production skills: photography and videography, camera operation, sound, lighting, and quality sound capture.
- Proficient in video editing softwares.
- Strong understanding of post-production workflow
- Good knowledge of contemporary cameras, file formats, codecs, and their proper handling in a post workflow
- Must be extremely organized and able to successfully reach multiple deadlines at once
- The ability to communicate needs in a positive and productive fashion
- Proven range of both pre-production and post-production skills.
- Big ideas, big ambition, not-so-big ego.
- Self-driven and motivated.
Working Conditions and Benefits
- Full-time permanent contract
- Probation period: 1 month
- Office location: fully remote (with occasional trips to various locations within Japan). If you prefer, you can use our offices in Tokyo Metropolitan Area, Niigata, and Fukuoka.
Remuneration and benefits:
- First-year remuneration: 3 – 6.5 million Japanese yen per year (based on your skills and experience)
- Bonus provided based on your performance
- Visa sponsorship.
- You will be enrolled into health insurance, pension, and employment insurance schemes.
- Flexible working days and holidays: 240 working days (20 days per month), 125 holidays which you can flexibly take (cf. in 2020 there are 104 Saturdays/Sundays +16 national holidays)
- Annual leave according to Japanese law: starting from 10 days per year after 6 months.
- Flexible working hours: you can choose any 160 hours per month you want to work (8 hours x 20 days)
Application and Selection Process
Application Period – Until 9 August 2020
Documents to be submitted – please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Application – Video Content Creator – Your Name”
- CV in English
- Copy of your Residency Card (在留カード) and work permit (if you have one)
- Review of submitted documents: Selected candidates from the first screening will be contacted for an interview and practical exams. The results of the first screening will be notified via email.
- Interview and practical exams: we will conduct an interview and practical exams via Zoom. The results of the second screening will be notified via email.
- Final interview: either in person or via Zoom with a panel of interviewers. The results of the final screening will be notified via email.
- Project-based contract: Work on a small project together (paid)
- Permanent contract: Finally, a successful candidate will sign a permanent contract