Project Manager - Niigata
As project manager of Discover Deep Japan’s Niigata office (established Sep’19), you will oversee the success of the team and clients based there.
Discover Deep Japan is a social startup with a mission to build a more inclusive world. Our multicultural team revitalises rural communities through destination development / marketing and product marketing in foreign languages, making communities and local culture (products) more accessible and inclusive for people with diverse backgrounds.
You play a critical role in the planning and delivery of projects, looking for new opportunities to create value in the community, as well as actively managing relationships with clients and partners.
The projects you manage will cover a variety of services such as influencer marketing, digitalization on websites and social media, tour guide handbook creating and more.
You will work with a culturally diverse team on the ground to achieve results and will also support their well-being. You will also communicate learnings and support needs regularly with the rest of the Discover Deep Japan team.
- Principle relationship manager with clients and partners.
- Responsible for project planning and deliverables.
- Securing growth opportunities and initiating new projects.
- Coordinating team members and internal resources.
- Overseeing all incoming and outgoing project documentation.
- Ensuring the team has a good working environment.
- Support team members in community integration.
- Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial activities of the office.
- Communicating learnings and support needs regularly with the rest of the Discover Deep Japan team.
- Submitting monthly activity reports to clients.
- Providing updates to clients and internally.
- Lead project planning and delegate tasks to team members.
- Monitoring the progress of projects.
- Organize regular check-ins to ensure project timelines and goals are met.
- Prepare all documents necessary for new project proposals, including a budget, project timeline and contracts.
- Actively engage in community events to build positive relationships.
- Maintain and create a conducive physical working environment in the office.
- Provide Japanese-language support to team members where needed by the situation (eg translating at events and client briefings).
- Maintain team member work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, telecommuting, and cover for absenteeism.
- Track expenses and oversee expenditure within the office.
The ideal candidate we are looking for possesses the following traits and experiences:
- Strong bilingual written and verbal communication skills (Japanese and English)
- Multicultural, having lived abroad as well as in Japan
- Enjoy client-facing roles
- Demonstrated adaptability in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Leadership skills with prior management experience of small teams
- Big-picture thinking and vision, ideal if you have had experience being an entrepreneur or freelancer
- Passion for building a more inclusive world
- Japanese: Fluent – you will be managing client relationships and contractual documents in Japanese only
- English: Fluent – you will be working with and managing a multicultural team with English as the primary communication language
- We are looking for a fulltime candidate, however a part-time/remote a few days a week arrangement is a possibility for highly skilled individuals. Note that there will be ad-hoc events in which you will be expected to be present
You can expect:
- A supportive, trusting and transparent working environment
- Work-life balance with flexible hours and leave
- A place to look at things differently and challenge and offer solutions
Remuneration and benefits:
- First-year remuneration: 3 – 7 million yen per year – based on your skills, experience, and performance.
- 32-hour work weeks and flexible working (173 days off + annual leave).
- Up to 2.1 years of paid parental leave.
- Up to 14 days of paid medical leave.
- Discover Deep Japan will provide a shared company car.
- Discover Deep Japan will provide you with a computer to be used for your work-related activities.
- You will be enrolled into health insurance, pension, and employment insurance schemes.
- Visa sponsorship.
Location: Our office in Yuzawa, Niigata
To apply, send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Letter of motivation in English
- Resume in English (please remove ID photos)